Alberto El Patron has announced that he will be suing a Mexican promotion (XL Entertainment) for not paying him after working for Federation Universal de Lucha Libre (FULL) on May 19, 20, 21, and 27. The suit also claims that Blue Demon Jr., Latin Lover, El Cibernetico, and Tinieblas Jr., were not paid.
Record.com.mx is reporting that the promoter owes him 1,200,000 pesos which would be around $67,556 USD.
— Alberto El Patron (@PrideOfMexico) September 13, 2017
This story has been picked up by mainstream media in Mexico.
On a somewhat related note, for those of you wondering what Alberto’s status is in the United States, he is scheduled to return to Global Force Wrestling at Bound For Glory or at the next TV tapings. He was supposed to wrestle Jeff Jarrett but that is up in the air right now because of Jarrett’s leave of absence due to personal issues.
For those of you that missed it, check out the links below to catch up on some of the trending news items from the past 24 hours:
- Triple H announces plans for Kairi Sane and the NXT Women’s Championship
- WATCH: Dana Warrior’s reaction from ringside during Dolph Ziggler’s Ultimate Warrior impersonation
- Kairi Sane is the winner of the WWE Mae Young Classic
- WWE Mae Young Classic Finale recap – Shayna Baszler vs Kairi Sane
- Vince McMahon bloodied at the end of WWE Smackdown Live, Hell in a Cell match announced