Anthem/GFW executive Ed Nordholm was asked about potentially buying Lucha Underground. For those of you that don’t know, they haven’t filmed episodes in over a year and there has been no news about future tapings.
Nordholm downplayed the Lucha Underground rumors while also downplaying the rumors of a potential GFW sale:
— Ed Nordholm (@EdNordholm) September 9, 2017
Actually, the fact that there has been no news on future LU tapings is concerning to the wrestlers under contract. The El Rey Network would gladly keep them but that is not the problem. The LU tapings cost a lot of money and they would need to get funds if they want to continue running shows.
Nordholm spoke with Dave Meltzer and Bryan Alvarez on Wrestling Observer Radio and gave more details on Anthem’s plans for GFW. For more on that, click here.
Johnny Impact vs. Low Ki for the #1 contendership is scheduled for Thursday’s episode of Impact Wrestling. Here is a preview:
Here are some more trending wrestling news stories from the past week:
- WWE couple splits up after alleged cheating
- Former WWE Star Pregnant With Quadruplets
- Potential WWE No Mercy spoiler
- Top WWE name is seen as controversial by some people in WWE management and creative
- Identity of Dolph Ziggler’s mystery valet on SmackDown Live