Global Force Wrestling has issued a statement on the incident that took place on Saturday night at TripleMania:
It was an honor for GFW to be invited to participate in TripleMania XXV, held this past weekend in Mexico City. The AAA talent that we have worked with have been consummate professionals and the company organized and delivered an extraordinary event, in which both DJZ and Andrew Everett had spectacular showings following their recent surgeries. While the incident with Sexy Star marred an outstanding show, AAA executives have confirmed to us that appropriate measures are being taken in respect of this incident. Both AAA and Sexy Star have apologized to Rosemary. It is time to focus on the positives of the weekend (TripleMania XXV outrated the other sports entertainment event on Saturday evening in Mexico; Eddie Edwards became the first gaijin to win the GHC Heavyweight title at NOAH) and look forward to building our relationship with AAA and NOAH to bring an ever improving wrestling product to our fans.
You can read Rosemary’s statement by clicking here. Vampiro made reference to the incident on his Facebook page while taking aim at Dave Meltzer for some reason. You can read his post by clicking here.
Meanwhile, as of this writing, there have been no public statements made by Sexy Star.
Catch up on some of the trending WWE News items by clicking below:
- Work or shoot? Backstage news on the John Cena-Roman Reigns verbal battle on WWE Raw
- Ric Flair makes first public announcement: “Naitch WILL be back!”
- Reason why Mike Bennett and Maria Kanellis have been off WWE TV
- Wrestlers outraged after Sexy Star intentionally injures GFW star at Triple Mania XXV
- Could another cross-brand rivalry be on the way in WWE?