If you thought that Alberto El Patron’s run with GFW Impact Wrestling was done when Jim Cornette wished him well in his future endeavors, well, you would be wrong about that.
The Wrestling Observer newsletter is reporting that Alberto is scheduled to return at the November tapings, which take place after Bound For Glory.
This could change but the original idea was to have him come back as a heel against the company with the idea being that he was mad about being suspended. I would not be surprised if Bruce Prichard and Tyrus were brought back, perhaps as part of a faction but that is just speculation on my part. Eli Drake ripped on Alberto at one of the New York shows last month so he could be Alberto’s target after BFG.
A couple of weeks ago, Cornette buried Alberto and wished him well in his future endeavors and said that it was GFW’s decision to strip him of the Global Championship. Alberto had previously made things sound like it was a mutual decision.
If you missed some of the top news stories from the last 24 hours, check out some of the links below:
- WATCH: Ric Flair’s first video message from the hospital
- WWE is erasing another person from their history
- Sasha Banks is not happy with WWE creative
- WWE star has backstage heat but it has nothing to do with John Cena
- POTENTIAL SPOILER: WWE dropping big hints for The Undertaker’s return?