Last Saturday, we wrote about Chris Adonis (Chris Masters) announcing his departure from Impact Wrestling. Scott Steiner was brought in and he will team with Eli Drake at the “Redemption” pay-per-view in April. It turns out that Steiner was a last minute replacement because Adonis quit the company “out of nowhere” in the middle of the tapings, according to the latest Wrestling Observer Newsletter. Adonis is still taking independent booking so it doesn’t look a WWE return is in the cards right now.
There is no word yet on the location of the “Redemption” pay-per-view even though Steiner mentioned Toronto during his promo at the tapings. The idea was to run the show on 4/11 at the Mattamy Athletic Centre.
The problem is that the building was already booked for the dates that they wanted. Nobody, including Steiner, was supposed to mention Toronto in their promos so that will probably be edited off the show. Meltzer noted that the location/venue for “Redemption” is still up in the air.
FYI, if you missed the Barbed Wire Massacre match that aired this week on Twitch, then you can check it out in its entirety via Impact Wrestling’s official YouTube channel. Click below if you want to see the match.
Check out some of the trending wrestling news stories below:
- Carmella seems to confirm breakup with Big Cass
- Three more top stars at Impact Wrestling could be leaving soon
- Former WWE Champion confirms that he has been invited to Raw 25th anniversary show
- A WWE return for Neville might be his best option right now
- Another former WWE Superstar confirmed for the Raw 25th anniversary show