There are changes coming to Impact Wrestling. As reported by Dave Meltzer of the Wrestling Observer newsletter, here is what you can expect when the next set of tapings start to air on Pop TV:
– It looks like Josh Mathews will be used as a character on the show and he’s out as the announcer. Impact has yet to figure out the announce team for the next set of tapings so that could change.
– The decision to scrap the all-cage “Lockdown” show was done because management decided against doing an all-cage show. The pay-per-view will be called “Redemption.” Scott Steiner, who was a last minute replacement for Chris Adonis at the recent tapings, will be teaming with Eli Drake at “redemption.” Click here to read more on Adonis quitting the company out of nowhere.
– Austin Aries may have been the backup plan when they realized that they couldn’t get Rey Mysterio for the tapings.
– The World and Grand Championships were merged so that they could get rid of the Grand Championship. Managment was not a fan of the round system.
– A Knockout was fired during the tapings for refusing to do a 90-second job. Click here for more.
– Brian Cage was put over as a monster at the tapings so it looks like he is being positioned as their next top star since Bobby Lashley and EC3 have left the company.
– As most of you know by now, the four-sided ring is back. Don Callis said on his podcast that he spoke with the talent and most of them preferred the traditional four-sided ring over the six-sided ring because the six-sided ring is harder to bump on.
Check out some of the trending wrestling news stories below:
- Carmella seems to confirm breakup with Big Cass
- Three more top stars at Impact Wrestling could be leaving soon
- Former WWE Champion confirms that he has been invited to Raw 25th anniversary show
- A WWE return for Neville might be his best option right now
- Another former WWE Superstar confirmed for the Raw 25th anniversary show