There’s a story up on PWInsider.com on NJPW English announcer Don Callis. The story claims that there’s been a lot of talk this past week in Japan about Callis leaving New Japan Pro Wrestling so that he could go work for Impact Wrestling. The story makes little sense because he is likely making more money working for NJPW and the word going around at Impact is that they are cutting costs. PWInsider said that it would make sense for Callis to start at next week’s tapings in Ottawa, Canada.
He wrote: “Am checking on this. His best friend doesn’t believe it’s true but I haven’t heard from him yet. I would think if he’s going there, it’s to replace Jarrett.”
Meltzer later confirmed that Callis will be at the Power Struggle show in Osaka, Japan so that confirms that he will not be at Bound For Glory. It’s not clear if he is leaving NJPW after that show but Meltzer later added, “That said, Callis is possible.”
So, as of now, it is possible that Callis could end up with Impact Wrestling but nothing is confirmed. Meltzer later added that Calis has a full-time job in Winnipeg and wrestling is just a part-time thing for him.
Catch up on some of the latest WWE news stories below:
- Natalya and Zack Ryder comment on accidental crotch grab while taking Raw “Under Siege”
- Brutus Beefcake posts email screenshot, says Hogan has been hanging out with his ex-wife
- PHOTO: The Undertaker makes a rare appearance and reunites with Ric Flair
- Hulk Hogan getting a makeover?
- Bully Ray has another message for the Impact Wrestling locker room