The main reason why the decision was made to move Bound For Glory and the Impact Wrestling TV Tapings to Ottawa is because it makes sense for them from a financial standpoint. One of the reasons for the recent departures is because of cost-cutting. Ring announcer Dave Penzer is not being flown in and instead, they will use a local person in Ottawa.
The costs to rent the Aberdeen Pavilion are $7,759.30 per day. That is incredibly cheap and they may have gotten a better deal than that since they’ll be running on 6 consecutive nights.
It will be interesting to see what the attendance looks like for the Impact Wrestling TV tapings because Ottawa is not considered a hot market for wrestling. When they were in Orlando, they were able to get fans to attend tapings because tourists in the theme park could get in free.
The company is hoping to generate some buzz for Bound For Glory. We noted earlier that there are rumors about someone leaving New Japan Pro Wrestling leaving and joining Impact. Click here if you want to read that story…and click here to read the reports of two free agents that have been in talks with Impact. Finally, click here to read about a top name expected to return at Bound For Glory and the Impact tapings.
Catch up on some of the latest WWE news stories below:
- Natalya and Zack Ryder comment on accidental crotch grab while taking Raw “Under Siege”
- Brutus Beefcake posts email screenshot, says Hogan has been hanging out with his ex-wife
- PHOTO: The Undertaker makes a rare appearance and reunites with Ric Flair
- Hulk Hogan getting a makeover?
- Bully Ray has another message for the Impact Wrestling locker room