New Japan Pro Wrestling has announced the teams that will be involved in their World Tag League tournament. This year’s tournament will be a little different. Instead of having two blocks of participants, as usual, this year there will only be one. NJPW announced 14 teams that will participate in a round robin from November 17th to December 8th.
The finals of the tournament will air on December 9th. As noted earlier, The Young Bucks revealed on Twitter recently that they did not receive an invite to participate in the tournament, so their names being left off the list doesn’t come as a surprise. The Bucks also noted that NJPW doesn’t pay enough, and they don’t want to leave their families for several weeks.
NJPW’s World Tag League tournament is fronted by teams such as Los Ingobernables de Japon, Killer Elite Squad, Guerrillas Of Destiny, The Elite, and more. The full list can be found below:
- Los Ingobernables de Japon (EVIL & SANADA)
- Suzuki-gun (Zack Sabre Jr. & Taichi)
- Killer Elite Squad (Davey Boy Smith Jr. & Lance Archer)
- Suzuki-gun (Minoru Suzuki & Takashi Iizuka)
- Guerrillas Of Destiny (Tama Tonga & Tanga Loa) [IWGP Heavyweight Tag Team Champions]
- The Elite (Hangman Page & Yujiro Takahashi)
- The Besties (Chuckie T & Beretta)
- CHAOS (Tomohiro Ishii & Toru Yano)
- Michael Elgin & Jeff Cobb
- FinJuice (David Finlay & Juice Robinson)
- Ayato Yoshida & Shota Umino
- Yuji Nagata & Manabu Nakanishi
- TenCozy (Hiroyoshi Tenzan & Satoshi Kojima)
- Togi Makabe & Toa Henare
— 新日本プロレスリング株式会社 (@njpw1972) November 8, 2018
Click here and join the discussion on our brand new forum!