We are sad to report on the passing of Emily Doyle. 1980’s wrestling fans might remember her as GLOW Wrestling’s Mt. Fiji. Doyle was confined to a wheelchair during the last decade due to health issues stemming from diabetes.
The giants of the ring, Mt. Fiji and Matilda The Hun flank GLOW – Gorgeous Ladies Of Wrestling creator David McLane…good times! RIP Mt. Fiji 🙏🏼 pic.twitter.com/6maQs8iItn
— David Mclane (@WOW_Wrestling) January 4, 2018
— David Marquez (@CWFHMarquez) January 3, 2018
We send our condolences to her friends and family.
Check out some of the trending wrestling news stories below:
- Former WWE Intercontinental Champion teases return at the Royal Rumble
- WWE star turns heel by turning his back on the fans
- Backstage news on WrestleMania plans for John Cena
- Impact Wrestling star not headed to WWE anytime soon
- NXT Star marries Tough Enough winner