Plenty of fans were saddened to hear Kenny Omega was out due to injury. He hurt his left knee and was pulled from most of the current New Japan Pro Wrestling Destruction tour.
During the tour dates he has to miss, Omega will be replace by Tama Tonga’s brother Leo. Not only is Leo receiving some amazing wrestling training from Team 3d’s Wrestling Academy but standing at six-foot-eight-inches would make him the tallest member of the NJPW roster.
Omega still plans to be at the September 24th show in Kobe where he will defend his IWGP North American Heavyweight Championship against Juice Robinson. That match is sure to be exciting and it would be a shame if it didn’t go down for whatever reason, especially because of an injury.
For those doubtful that he’ll be ready in time, Omega posted the following update with a message attached saying the road to recovery is a short one but he’ll be ready for Kobe and Juice Robinson on the 24th.
— Kenny Omega (@KennyOmegamanX) September 11, 2017
Here are some more trending wrestling news stories from the past week:
- WWE couple splits up after alleged cheating
- Former WWE Star Pregnant With Quadruplets
- Seth Rollins changes his mind about football, Big E fights Hurricane IrmaPotential WWE No Mercy spoiler
- Top WWE name is seen as controversial by some people in WWE management and creative
- Identity of Dolph Ziggler’s mystery valet on SmackDown Live