Kenny Omega’s hard hitting strong style has given fans some of the best matches of the year but the style takes a toll. New Japan Pro Wrestling has announced that Omega is injured with a left meniscus injury and will miss the most of NJPW’s Destruction tour. Leo Tonga, brother of Tama Tonga and son of WWE Legend Haku, will replace him on the tour.
However, he will be back to defend his IWGP United States Championship against Juice Robinson on 9/24 in Kobe.
Omega commented on Twitter after the news broke:
Unfortunately, I'll have to take a short break. Hold the fort, Leo Tonga. See you in Kobe.
— Kenny Omega (@KennyOmegamanX) September 6, 2017
Here are some more trending news stories from the past week:
- GFW reportedly hemorrhaging funds, Anthem is ready to sell the company
- WWE has signed another former ROH star
- Young Bucks issued a “cease and desist” from WWE
- WWE star to undergo surgery
- WWE stars not happy about Monday Night Raw being live on Christmas night