Charlotte Flair defeated Ruby Riott to retain the Smackdown Women’s Championship at WWE Fastlane but the big story was what happened after the match.
Asuka’s music played and she walked down to the ring. If you’ve been reading some of the spoilers here on WrestlingNews.co then you know where this was going. Asuka looked at Flair and then pointed to the WrestleMania sign and the crowd erupted so it came off like a big deal.
So it’s official…. Asuka will challenge Charlotte Flair for the Smackdown Women’s Championship. It will be billed as one of the main events.
Click here for complete results from WWE Fastlane.
Catch up on some of the trending news stories from the past 24 hours by clicking below:
- WWE will introduce another new title during WrestleMania weekend
- Former Cruiserweight Champion announces plans to retire amidst controversy
- Former WWE Diva is training for her return to wrestling
- Scott Hall insults two WWE legends and sparks major backlash in the process
- Cue the CM Punk rumors…City and venue announced for Bullet Club’s “All In” show