Baron Corbin is a hated heel in WWE and he does a very good job making crowds despise him but when SmackDown rolled into in Kansas City this week, it was a totally different story.
Reports from the show were that Baron Corbin competed alongside Jinder Mahal against AJ Styles and Shinsuke Nakamura in a dark match and The Lone Wolf received one of the biggest if not the loudest pop of the night. Corbin is from Lexena Kansas which is about a 20-minute drive from Kansas City.
Since the Northwest Missouri State alumni has such deep ties to the local fanbase the decision was simply made to keep him off the show. After all, it might be hard to explain on television why he received such a rousing reaction while maintaining a top spot on the heel side of the Blue Brand’s roster.
A fan in attendance at #SDLive said Baron Corbin received the loudest pop of the night. He was intentionally kept off TV because Smackdown Live was held at the Sprint Center in Kansas City, MO. He wrestled in a dark match, teaming with Jinder, and losing to AJ and Shinsuke. #WEE
— Brad Shepard 🤘🏻 (@TheBradShepard) February 7, 2018
Check out some of the trending wrestling news stories below:
- WWE star has heat with management
- WWE NXT star was in line for a major push but has disappeared from all shows
- Reason why two WWE NXT stars have disappeared from TV and live events
- Update on Bobby Lashley’s WWE return, post-WrestleMania plans
- WWE legends had to dress in the dark for Raw 25