Ronda Rousey’s career in the UFC might over but it looks like she will be making her next move very soon. USA Today’s Martin Rogers is reporting that Rousey, according to two sources close to her, is finalizing her WWE deal and her move appears to be imminent.
Dave Meltzer of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter has been reporting for months about Rousey being WWE-bound. At first, there were talks of doing something with her and her MMA Horsewomen and WWE’s Horsewomen at Survivor Series. Those plans changed and now it’s looking more likely that a match will take place at WrestleMania 34 in New Orleans. All of the MMA Horsewomen (Rousey, Shayna Baszler, Jessamyn Duke, and Marina Shafir) have been training in a wrestling ring during the last few months.
We don’t know who Rousey will face but there have been ideas pitched to have her face Charlotte Flair and there’s also an idea to have Rousey-led MMA Horsewomen against Flair-led WWE Horsewomen. I guess we’ll find out soon enough because it looks like a deal will be made soon.
Check out some of the trending wrestling news stories below:
- Sad story on Rob Van Dam – concussion, loss of income
- What is the latest on Daniel Bryan’s in-ring return?
- Top WWE star will miss the Royal Rumble and WrestleMania
- WWE is taking a big step to expand the 205 Live brand in January
- Long-time WWE employee no longer with the company