WWE loves having legends from the past show up at their events. Not only does it provide a credibility to the current product that respected veterans will still have something to do with the company, but it is also always nice to see a familiar face from days gone by.
Pro wrestling legend and WWE Hall Of Famer Bruno Sammartino was supposed to be at Raw last week in Pittsburgh but unfortunately he couldn’t make the trip. Dave Meltzer reported in the Wrestling Observer Newsletter that Bruno suffered an accidental fall on the day of the show in his home that was so bad he had to visit the emergency room.
Bruno was okay though as evidence by the fact he was still able to fly to Italy three days later but news of his fall is not the kind of thing we like hearing. While in Italy, Bruno unveiled a new statue in his honor and his childhood home was opened up as the “Bruno Sammartino Museum” as well as opening a medical center named after his mother. All of those things are really cool.
Darryl, Bruno’s son was able to make the Raw show and reports are Triple H had a “very nice gift” for him. We’re not sure what kind of gift Triple H had for Bruno, but we’re guessing he didn’t buy it on clearance.
Catch up on the latest WWE news items from the past 24 hours by clicking below
- Vince McMahon reportedly furious with Shinsuke Nakamura after last week’s Smackdown Live
- Dave Meltzer says Baron Corbin is an example of WWE’s “fetish with tall guys”
- Former WWE star shoots on Enzo Amore: “He absolutely believes his own bullsh**”
- You’ve got to see what The Rock added to his famous Brahma Bull tattoo
- Ronda Rousey preparing for a run in WWE?
- Finn Balor’s hilarious response to WWE making fidget spinners