Buff Bagwell didn’t spend much time in WWE. In fact, his stint from July 2, 2001 to July 9, 2001 was so small if you missed a couple of weeks of television you would never have known he was with the company.
The former WCW performer is currently on his “farewell tour” and sat down with Cult of Whatever and talked about his short stint with WWE.
“What people don’t realize is that they put Booker T and myself on as the main event of Monday Night Raw for the WCW World Title in Seattle, Washington with all of the odds against us. A week later WWE were going to be in Atlanta, Georgia, why could they have not waited seven days and put Booker T v Buff Bagwell for the WCW World Championship on in Atlanta which was the home of WCW instead of seven days earlier in Seattle where we got booed out of the building. My honest opinion is that it was set up for us to fail, it didn’t work and we knew we shouldn’t have been in the main event, we knew there was something wrong about it but you don’t ask questions in this business you just go and do what you’re told.”
When asked to describe Vince McMahon, Bagwell called him Satan. But he had plenty of good things to say about his former boss, Eric Bischoff.
“I thought he was the best, he was the best to me, I’ve heard other people say different things about him but in my opinion, he was the best.”
It’s been a busy week full of news. If you’d like to catch up on some of the top stories from this week, check out some of the links below:
- WATCH: John Cena tries to sing Country Roads at WV house show
- WATCH: Heath Slater’s awesome birthday celebration in his home state
- Mini-Shield reunion at WWE show, SummerSlam news, Ryback-Dana Warrior Twitter exchange + more WWE news
- WATCH: WWE & Rousey’s 4 Horsewomen have words at Mae Young Classic
- WWE planning on signing lots of Mae Young Classic participants
- Eric Bischoff reveals who he heard Kurt Angle’s mystery guest really is
- WWE Talking Smack hosts were never told about the show being canceled as a weekly series
- Dana Warrior shoots down Ryback’s claim that he almost wrestled The Ultimate Warrior at WrestleMania 30
- Update on Shelton Benjamin’s possible WWE status
- Lots of familiar names at Thursday’s WWE Mae Young Classic tapings
- WWE star has backstage heat, gets kicked off talent bus by Roman Reigns
- WWE star has heat over his political views and strong support for Donald Trump