Chris Jericho shocked the wrestling world after popping up via jumbo screen at the New Japan Pro Wrestling Power Struggle event following Kenny Omega retaining the IWGP United States Championship against Beretta. As we previously reported, Jericho challenged Omega to a match at Wrestle Kingdom 12 on January 4, and it was official shortly after.
On the latest episode of his Talk is Jericho podcast, Jericho reiterated that this is his first match outside of WWE since 1999. He also admitted that he has been working on this match for months before his appearance at Power Struggle.
Jericho added that this is the perfect time to have this match against Omega. This is due to his feeling that Omega is the best performer in pro wrestling today, with the biggest amount of buzz. Jericho also stated that he is just coming off of “the greatest run of my career.”
The match is being coined as “Alpha vs. Omega,” and Jericho stated that he is happy that he was successfully able to keep it a secret until his appearance following Omega’s match. He also confirmed that this match will be a co-main event for the WK 12 show.
Check out some of the trending wrestling news stories below:
- How Vince McMahon reportedly felt about Chris Jericho competing at Wrestle Kingdom 12
- Things got awkward when Liv Morgan’s ex wrestled her current boyfriend
- Former Women’s Champion is ready to return to WWE for a match with Charlotte Flair
- Chris Jericho reveals why WWE declined his offer to use NXT talent on his cruise
- Tension between WWE and Chris Jericho?