Dana White is shooting down the rumors that Conor McGregor is in talks with WWE to appear at WrestleMania. White went on Good Day New York on Thursday morning and completely shut down the story written earlier this week by the UK Sun. White said, “It’s not true. It’s absolutely not true.”
White said that he had just texted with Vince McMahon 5 minutes before going on the air and he asked about the rumors. White said that McMahon wrote back and said, “News to me.” McMahon later added, “It might be good someday but not now.”
There has been some speculation online that the UK Sun story was planted by someone in McGregor’s camp. The deal to bring in McGregor at WrestleMania 34 would not have made sense financially because they are already spending big money to bring in Ronda Rousey. Also, coming off his recent fight with Floyd Mayweather, it would probably cost a lot more to book McGregor now than it would have just a few months ago.
The current plan for McGregor is for him to headline the 12/30 UFC show in Las Vegas or one of the early 2018 shows.
Check out some of the trending WWE news stories below: