WWE has announced that Enzo Amore has been released from his contract. The news came in a short statement on their social media accounts and on WWE.com.
WWE’s statement reads: “WWE has come to terms on the release of Eric Arndt (Enzo Amore).”
This news follows the rape allegations levied by a woman in Phoenix. She says that Amore raped her at a hotel party in October. The incident was reported to police 4 days later. The last word on the case is that the investigation is complete but police are waiting on lab results from the rape kit.
It was noted to us on Monday evening that Amore deleted some of his recent Instagram posts. The posts referenced the 205 Live events from this past weekend. So, Amore may have known on Monday that he was about to be fired. Amore was in New York City and was scheduled to be a part of Raw but, obviously, that changed when the rape allegations came to light on Monday afternoon.
Click here for more on the story.
Check out some of the trending wrestling news stories below:
- Enzo Amore suspended by WWE following rape accusation
- Samoa Joe provides an update on his injury
- Carmella seems to confirm breakup with Big Cass
- Three more top stars at Impact Wrestling could be leaving soon
- Former WWE Champion confirms that he has been invited to Raw 25th anniversary show
Click here and join the discussion on our brand new forum!