Last week we noted that there was talk within WWE that Rockstar Spud could be signing with them. It was confirmed on Wednesday, via PWInsider, that Spud is indeed on his way to WWE once the proper visa paperwork is completed.
The plan is to add Spud to the 205 Live/cruiserweight roster. The 34-year-old has been wrestling since 2001. His big break in the United States came after being discovered on TNA’s British Bootcamp show in 2013.
Last week, Dixie Carter posted a group photo from a farewell dinner for Spud before he left to go back to the UK to work on his visa.
— Dixie Carter (@TNADixie) November 3, 2017
WWE seems to be putting more effort into building the cruiserweight division. On Tuesday, we noted that an NXT star would be moved up to the division shortly. Click here if you want to know who that person is.
Check out some of the trending wrestling news stories below:
- SPOILER: Another big match to be added to WWE Survivor Series
- Possible reason why Jinder Mahal lost the WWE Championship to AJ Styles
- How Vince McMahon reportedly felt about Chris Jericho competing at Wrestle Kingdom 12
- Things got awkward when Liv Morgan’s ex wrestled her current boyfriend
- Former Women’s Champion is ready to return to WWE for a match with Charlotte Flair