Global Force Wrestling has posted another video to promote the upcoming AMPED Anthology that will air on pay-per-view. Part 1 of the 4-part series will air this Friday night. The shows that will air were taped in 2015 in Las Vegas and the idea was to shop the shows to TV networks. The company is getting come criticism from fans because the videos being posted on their YouTube account are coming across like current videos even though some of the people being featured are under contract to WWE.
Last week, they posted a video of Bobby Roode backstage at the AMPED tapings (click here to see it) and the recent video features Brian Myers (current WWE Superstar Curt Hawkins). A fan brought this up to Hawkins on Twitter. Here is his response:
It's over 2 year old footage. https://t.co/AnjNfifVTh
— Brian Myers (@TheCurtHawkins) August 5, 2017
Here is Hawkins response to a fan asking if GFW are legally able to do this.
I don't know. I'm not a lawyer. Just the captain of the Star FACTory. https://t.co/D1RZksnOTR
— Brian Myers (@TheCurtHawkins) August 6, 2017
For the record, they own the footage so they are legally allowed to do what they want with it but the fan reaction to these videos is probably not worth it.
Catch up on some of the trending news headlines from the last 24 hours by clicking below:
- Photos from second night of GFW’s first house show tour in years
- Huge last man standing match added to Raw
- New details on what caused Roman Reigns to kick Enzo Amore off the WWE talent bus
- WWE pulls offer to sign one of the best wrestlers in the world
- GFW loses possible partnership because they won’t release the Broken Hardy Gimmick