There are still more names expected to leave Impact Wrestling soon when their contracts expire. Eddie Edwards was one of the names that was reported to be leaving but now it looks like he will be staying, according to the Wrestling Observer Newsletter.
They dodged a bullet at the last TV tapings because he took an accidental baseball shot to the head from Sami Callahan during a post-match beatdown angle. There was concern that he could have had some eye damage. He was bleeding so bad that he had to rush to the backstage area and he was eventually taken to the hospital. Fans that were there mentioned that there was a ton of blood and it was worse when he got backstage. Edwards ended up with some cuts, a broken nose, and a possible concussion.
At one point, Edwards was looking at other options since his deal is about to expire but apparently he will be staying at least for a little while longer.
For those of you that missed it, click here to read about some interesting changes coming to Impact Wrestling over the next few weeks.
— Eddie Edwards (@TheEddieEdwards) January 14, 2018
Check out some of the trending wrestling news stories below:
- Carmella seems to confirm breakup with Big Cass
- Three more top stars at Impact Wrestling could be leaving soon
- Former WWE Champion confirms that he has been invited to Raw 25th anniversary show
- A WWE return for Neville might be his best option right now
- Another former WWE Superstar confirmed for the Raw 25th anniversary show
Click here and join the discussion on our brand new forum!