Samoa Joe was in Birmingham, Alabama earlier this week for a diagnosis on his injured knee.
PWInsider reports that he will be out of action for 4-6 weeks. The belief is that the injury occurred at the 8/26 live event in Jonesboro, Arkansas during a match against John Cena. It’s possible that he was already hurting before that match (perhaps on the 8/25 show) and continued to work.
Joe was not on the 8/27 show in Tupelo, MS and missed Raw, where he was originally scheduled to headline the show against Cena in Memphis. 4-6 weeks is not too bad since there was some concern that he could have been out for much longer than that.
If you missed some of the top news stories from the last 24 hours, check out some of the links below:
- WWE is erasing another person from their history
- WWE star has backstage heat but it has nothing to do with John Cena
- POTENTIAL SPOILER: WWE dropping big hints for The Undertaker’s return?
- What is the deal with Taryn Terrell’s return to GFW?
- Major name being considered for the 2018 WWE Hall Of Fame