WWE Superstar Jeff Hardy was arrested on Saturday night 3/10 by police in Concord, North Carolina and he was charged with DWI (Driving While Impaired).
The 40-year old was arrested at 10:20 pm and released from jail at 11:24 pm. In addition to the DWI charge, he was hit with a 30-day suspension on his driver’s license, per state law.
It’s not a great time for him to be getting into trouble because he was close to returning to action and there was a chance that he would be back in time for WrestleMania, perhaps in a tag team match with his brother against The Bar. Hardy is scheduled to appear in court on April 16.
Earlier this week, footage was filmed for the upcoming Ultimate Deletion segment on Raw. There’s no word on if Jeff was featured. We’ll post a statement from WWE if they send one out.
Catch up on some of the trending news stories from the past 24 hours by clicking below:
- WWE will introduce another new title during WrestleMania weekend
- Former Cruiserweight Champion announces plans to retire amidst controversy
- Former WWE Diva is training for her return to wrestling
- Scott Hall insults two WWE legends and sparks major backlash in the process
- Cue the CM Punk rumors…City and venue announced for Bullet Club’s “All In” show