The Patriots didn’t walk away from Super Bowl LII with the win and if you were an Eagles fan this was amazing news. It was also pretty good for Jinder Mahal as well because he had a bone to pick with New England’s tight end Rob Gronkowski.
Gronk and Mahal had a little confrontation during the WrestleMania 33 kickoff show in the closing moments of the Andre The Giant Memorial Battle Royal. There was a lot of beer throwing and tackling and Mahal ended up losing to Gronk’s buddy Mojo Rawley.
But it all appeared to come out in the wash because Mahal went on to have a long run as WWE Champion shortly after that and then he got to watch Gronk lose in the NFL’s biggest game of the year.
The Modern Day Maharaja said Gronk shouldn’t have hindered him. Although Gronkowski’s WrestleMania spot might not have been an ultimate cause for the big Super Bowl defeat, it might have played a small part in some kind of karma retribution.
Shouldn't of Hindered… pic.twitter.com/VIWZpMiNyB
— The Maharaja (@JinderMahal) February 5, 2018
Check out some of the trending wrestling news stories below:
- WWE star has heat with management
- WWE NXT star was in line for a major push but has disappeared from all shows
- Reason why two WWE NXT stars have disappeared from TV and live events
- Update on Bobby Lashley’s WWE return, post-WrestleMania plans
- WWE legends had to dress in the dark for Raw 25