John Cena kicked off the second hour of this week’s WWE Monday Night Raw in a big way. Cena acted like his road to WrestleMania was done and he would be attending as a fan.
Cena then decided to say something that he was “not supposed to say” and then challenged The Undertaker to a match at WrestleMania. He continued saying it as fans cheered and said that Taker needs to get over his own ego because he’s ashamed and embarrassed about what people will say following his loss. Cena said, “you are not too old, you are not too washed up” and then said that he wouldn’t be posting workout videos on his wife’s Instagram. He called Taker a “self-centered, conceited egomanaic.” It was an awesome promo.
Despite a report from Sports Illustrated saying otherwise, the plan has always been Cena vs. Undertaker and there were never any talks for Cena to face Mysterio. Taker has been training for months and people that have seen him lately (backstage at Survivor Series and at the Royal Rumble) say that he’s in great shape and feeling much better after hip surgery.
Click here to check out one of Taker’s latest workout videos.
Catch up on some of the trending news stories from the past 24 hours by clicking below:
- WWE will introduce another new title during WrestleMania weekend
- Former Cruiserweight Champion announces plans to retire amidst controversy
- Former WWE Diva is training for her return to wrestling
- Scott Hall insults two WWE legends and sparks major backlash in the process
- Cue the CM Punk rumors…City and venue announced for Bullet Club’s “All In” show
Click here and join the discussion on our brand new forum!