It looks like Kurt Angle is going to get more reps in the ring than expected for this year. While many felt that Angle returning to WWE TLC as a last-minute replacement was a one-time thing until making a single’s return to the ring next year, Stephanie McMahon forced him to be the team captain for Raw at the upcoming Survivor Series. This would be his second televised in-ring appearance in two months.
The fans in Birmingham, England got a nice surprise when it was announced that Angle would be returning to the ring on Tuesday.
— Kurt Angle (@RealKurtAngle) November 7, 2017
Angle teamed up with Seth Rollins and Dean Ambrose against The Bar and Samoa Joe. Angle was originally advertised to make an appearance on the show. The decision for him to wrestle on the show was likely made because they wanted to make up for Roman Reigns not being able to appear. Reigns returns this Monday at Raw in Atlanta.
— Bad News Ryder (@James_Ryder) November 7, 2017
As you can see below, the fans went home happy because the babyfaces won:
— Lewis Rickhuss (@LRickhuss) November 7, 2017
Check out some of the trending wrestling news stories below:
- Former Women’s Champion is ready to return to WWE for a match with Charlotte Flair
- Chris Jericho reveals why WWE declined his offer to use NXT talent on his cruise
- Tension between WWE and Chris Jericho?
- Roman Reigns might not be back in time for Survivor Series
- What’s up with Chris Jericho and WWE and why is he working for New Japan Pro Wrestling?