On Saturday, we reported on the departures of Chris Adonis (Chris Masters) and EC3. At Sunday’s Impact Wrestling tapings, another former World Heavyweight Champion said goodbye.
Bobby Lashley put over Brian Cage at Sunday night’s Impact Wrestling tapings. For some reason, they decided to do the match again later in the night and Lashley lost again. After the match, Lashley said goodbye to the crowd and then took a bow before heading back to the backstage area.
For weeks there has been talk about him leaving the company because Impact was cutting out the big money contracts. Lashley is one of the highest paid wrestlers on the roster. There have been rumblings about him going to WWE. Nothing is confirmed but he has expressed interest in going back there and possibly wrestling against Brock Lesnar. When Lashley left WWE many years ago, there was heat with Michael Hayes. Hayes is still with the company but, in wrestling, time can heal wounds so we’ll see what happens.
Also, Laurel Van Ness is finishing up with the company at these tapings. The belief is that Lashley, EC3, and LVN are all headed to WWE.
Scoop #29: Lashley says goodbye to the crowd, takes a bow, and exits pic.twitter.com/zfbMMS5tsf
— Jacob Cohen (@MrJacobCohen) January 15, 2018
Check out some of the trending wrestling news stories below:
- SPOILER: Major match with a returning Superstar planned for WrestleMania
- Headliner for WWE Hall Of Fame reportedly confirmed and it’s a big one
- Former WWE Women’s/Divas Champion contacted about returning for the women’s Royal Rumble
- SPOILER: Another name returning for the Raw 25th anniversary show
- Former WWE Women’s Champion is returning for the Royal Rumble
Click here and join the discussion on our brand new forum!