After many months of legal battles, Matt Hardy is now officially the owner of all Broken Universe trademarks. Those trademarks include Broke Matt, Brother Nero, Broken Brilliance and Vanguard 1. The paperwork to transfer ownership was signed by Ed Nordholm on January 8th and the ownership transfer was official as of January 31st.
Perhaps that is why Matt has been teasing morphing from being “Woken” to “Broken” on social media.
Reby Hardy commented on the news via Twitter:
— Reby Hardy (@RebyHardy) February 3, 2018
The issues between The Hardys and Impact are seemingly over. In fact, it looks like things were smoothed over a couple of months ago and Hardy indicated as such when he posted a photo of himself with Ed Nordholm on Twitter a couple of weeks ago.
Impact is no longer playing hardball with wrestlers over ownership of their gimmicks. Part of the reason for this is because they want to change the perception of the company and hopefully, this will convince other talents to work with them. EC3, for example, was allowed to keep his gimmick and he has full ownership of it as he gets ready to make his WWE debut.
Check out some of the trending wrestling news stories below:
- Reason why two WWE NXT stars have disappeared from TV and live events
- Update on Bobby Lashley’s WWE return, post-WrestleMania plans
- WWE legends had to dress in the dark for Raw 25
- SPOILER: WWE bringing back popular tournament
- SPOILER: Top star says “goodbye” after “loser leaves NXT” match at TV taping