PWInsider is confirming previous reports that stated that more top names are expected to leave Impact Wrestling within the next month or so. If a new deal is not reached with those wrestlers then that means that the next set of tapings would be their final dates with the company.
Last week, Dave Meltzer of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, reported that EC3 and Bobby Lashley are names to look out for because their deals are coming up soon. One would think that there would be some interest from WWE. Time will tell.
EC3, 34, was in WWE’s developmental system before being let go in 2013. Lashley, 41, is still under contract with Bellator MMA but he has not fought since October 2016 and his fighting days could be winding down. In WWE, the old saying is “never say never” so I would not be surprised if they reach out to him after his Impact deal expires.
There are more names leaving the company. Click here to read more.
Check out some of the trending wrestling news stories below:
- Sad story on Rob Van Dam – concussion, loss of income
- What is the latest on Daniel Bryan’s in-ring return?
- Top WWE star will miss the Royal Rumble and WrestleMania
- WWE is taking a big step to expand the 205 Live brand in January
- Long-time WWE employee no longer with the company