The Nia Jax-Enzo Amore friendship/relationship will continue to blossom in the coming weeks because the plan is for Jax to be featured on 205 Live. This is all part of WWE’s strategy to feature Raw performers on the brand to help boost viewership and, in this case, help ticket sales.
The Ryan Center in Rhode Island is listing Enzo Amore defending the Cruiserweight Championship against Kalisto. Nia Jax is being advertised as the special referee. Other names being advertised include: Hideo Itami, Akira Tozawa, Drew Gulak, Tony Nese, Mustafa Ali, and others to be announced soon.
As previously noted, 205 Live will tour for 3 days next month as a test run. There are also plans to run some shows in February. WWE’s long-term goal is to turn 205 Live into a full-time touring brand so these shows are the first steps towards making that happen.
The following 205 Live events have been announced:
1/19 – The Ryan Center in Kingston, RI
1/20 – Lowell Auditorium in Lowell, MA
1/21 – Mid Hudson Civic Center in Poughkeepsie, NY
Check out some of the trending wrestling news stories below:
- Sad story on Rob Van Dam – concussion, loss of income
- What is the latest on Daniel Bryan’s in-ring return?
- Top WWE star will miss the Royal Rumble and WrestleMania
- WWE is taking a big step to expand the 205 Live brand in January
- Long-time WWE employee no longer with the company