Aside from The Undertaker vs. John Cena, the other topic that we get emailed about the most is regarding Braun Strowman’s tag team partner. As of now, we have no idea who it is but you can click here to see a list of names that are ready to return on Sunday night.
There is one name that looks very unlikely for WrestleMania. Rey Mysterio has told people that he is not going to be wrestling at WrestleMania. In fact, he is saying that he hopes to be recovered from his bicep injury by the end of this month.
Dave Meltzer of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter is reporting that Mysterio, as of last week, had not been asked and had not signed a deal with WWE. Again, things can always change at the last minute but that is the latest on his status.
Furthermore, Mysterio is committed to more dates with New Japan Pro Wrestling and he might be working on the big Cow Palace show in San Francisco in July. Meltzer also noted that Mysterio still has non-WWE commitments over the summer. However, I should note that he did work the Royal Rumble pay-per-view without a contract and he continued to fulfill his independent dates.
Catch up on some of the trending news stories from the past 24 hours by clicking below:
- PHOTO: Shawn Michaels has cut off his hair and fans are struggling to process this news
- WWE News on which match is scheduled to go on last at WrestleMania
- WWE star, unhappy with his push, reportedly asked to be released
- Michelle McCool lets fans know what The Undertaker was doing on the morning after Raw
- WWE news on possible tag team partners for Braun Strowman at WrestleMania