For those of you that have asked about The Hardy’s being absent from last week’s Monday Night Raw, they were not on the show because of Jeff Hardy’s felony drug conviction from years ago. That is what was reported in the latest Wrestling Observer newsletter. They were trying to work something out but couldn’t get it done in time so they had to pull them off the show.
They did originally plan for Matt Hardy to be on the show to further their angle with The Revival but Scott Dawson’s injury changed those plans. The feeling is that they should be able to get the issues cleared up by the time Raw heads back to Canada.
I should note that The Hardy’s are not listed on match lineups for the shows in Australia on 9/14, 9/15, and 9/16 but I’m not sure if that is related to the felony drug conviction.
Catch up on the latest WWE news items from the past 24 hours by clicking below
- Negotiations between The Hardys and Anthem appear to be dead
- Update on Dolph Ziggler and what’s going on with his character
- Charlotte Flair’s comments about her wardrobe malfunction on SmackDown Live are classic
- Baron Corbin reacts to Dave Meltzer’s comments about him
- Magnum T.A. issues statement after being denied entry into Disney park