It looks like there was truth to WALTER’s tweet from this past weekend. For those of you that missed it, he denied a Wrestling Observer Newsletter report that said he was offered a WWE deal.
This week, Dave Meltzer said that we should not expect anything with WALTER right now. There is definitely interest from WWE but the description from WWE’s side is that the timing needs to be right and there was not a direct offer made. That sounds like overtures were made to see if he would be interested in signing later down the road.
WWE feels that there will be a time when they will need a big man with his ability but there is no point in signing him now if there are no direct plans for him because he would just get lost in the system. WALTER has also made it clear that he wants to continue doing what he’s doing.
Nobody offered anything, not true! https://t.co/kchPGVxncI
— WALTER (@WalterAUT) March 1, 2018
Catch up on some of the trending news stories from the past 24 hours by clicking below:
- WWE will introduce another new title during WrestleMania weekend
- Former Cruiserweight Champion announces plans to retire amidst controversy
- Former WWE Diva is training for her return to wrestling
- Scott Hall insults two WWE legends and sparks major backlash in the process
- Cue the CM Punk rumors…City and venue announced for Bullet Club’s “All In” show