Earlier this week, the Wrestling Observer Newsletter noted that Batista was pegged to be Ronda Rousey’s tag team partner at WrestleMania in the match against Triple H and Stephanie McMahon. Batista was apparently the second choice after WWE realized they couldn’t get The Rock and it was first reported a few days ago that it was Batista that turned down the offer.
While it is true that Batista was close to teaming with Rousey, a report from Pro Wrestling Sheet indicates that he did not turn the match down and WWE actually changed direction without letting him know. Ryan Satin is reporting that Triple H had multiple conversations with Batista about the match.
In fact, those talks were said to be going well and it seemed like the seeds would be planted for Triple H vs. Batista at WrestleMania 35. Batista has said publicly that he has always wanted a singles match with Triple H at a WrestleMania.
As of January, Batista was under the impression that he was booked for WrestleMania but then never heard from Triple H or anyone in WWE again. When WWE announced Angle as Rousey’s partner, they never called Batista to let him know that he was out of the match.
Catch up on some of the trending news stories from the past 24 hours by clicking below:
- PHOTO: Shawn Michaels has cut off his hair and fans are struggling to process this news
- WWE News on which match is scheduled to go on last at WrestleMania
- WWE star, unhappy with his push, reportedly asked to be released
- Michelle McCool lets fans know what The Undertaker was doing on the morning after Raw
- WWE news on possible tag team partners for Braun Strowman at WrestleMania
Click here and join the discussion on our brand new forum!