Despite the fact that Rey Mysterio is injured and he has committed to dates with New Japan Pro Wrestling, there are still rumors out there suggesting that he will be wrestling at WrestleMania. Click here to read about which match he has been rumored for.
Mysterio was on “Below The Belt with Brendan Schaub” this week and he talked about his bicep injury and said that he doesn’t expect to be ready to get back in the ring until next month.
He said, “Unfortunately I just suffered a torn bicep three weeks ago. I opted not to get surgery. It’s a full tear, but I’m just going to sit back, do some therapy for it and hopefully I’ll be back next month.”
That doesn’t necessarily mean that we’ll see him back in WWE by next month because they might not need him. In fact, all signs indicate that Mysterio might not be back in a WWE ring until later this year or early 2019. For more on that, click here.
Mysterio joins the show at the 21:22 mark. Check out the interview below:
Catch up on some of the trending news stories from the past 24 hours by clicking below:
- Here is what we know about The Undertaker “American Badass” return rumors
- WWE news on post-WrestleMania plans for Roman Reigns
- Don’t hold your breath on The Shield reuniting in the near future
- SPOILERS: Top indie star turns down Impact Wrestling to remain available
- SPOILER: WWE has big plans for Samoa Joe