Connect with us

Roman Reigns takes a shot at ROH World Champion Cody Rhodes

Photo Credit: WWE / ROH




ROH News

Roman Reigns takes a shot at ROH World Champion Cody Rhodes



Roman Reigns is apparently trying to get over the #RealestGeneration hashtag on twitter and he’s doing it by taking shots at the previous generations of wrestlers. Last week, during an interview with Inside The Ropes, he talked about the need to build something new and not rely on old acts like DX. During the same interview, he took a shot at The Young Bucks for not being original and relying on “Too Sweets” to get over.

On Twitter, he reiterated that there’s no need to celebrate DX and he celebrates #TheRealestGeneration. Later, someone tweeted him a photo of the wrestling Mount Rushmore image that was first tweeted out by Ric Flair. The names in the image are Steve Austin, Flair, The Rock, and Hulk Hogan.

Here is what Reigns said in response to a recent WWE.com article on DX and his response to the Mount Rushmore image and scroll down for his response to Cody Rhodes:

Reigns also responded to Cody Rhodes’ comments made after he successfully defended the ROH World Championship at the Global Wars show on Saturday. Rhodes said, “It’s no longer the company that defines the man, it’s the man that defines the company, and that company is Ring of Honor and the company that I keep is the Bullet Club. So, come at me and I will be smiling, because I’m the biggest damn draw in this entire industry and if you’re someone that’s competing with me for that title…you know exactly who you are and I know exactly what you should do. Kiss the ring.”

Reigns responded, “I don’t even need to click the link and watch it. If that house didn’t draw over 100K. He’s just talking silly. #WalkOverTalk”

So, what is the deal? Is Reigns a heel, a babyface, or a tweener that doesn’t care if people cheer or boo him? WWE is doing everything possible to get fans to cheer him but some would argue that he is not helping himself with some of the things he says on social media.

Several wrestlers reportedly seeking advice from Cody Rhodes as they plan their exit from WWE

Joe Lanza, who has connections in the wrestling business and a good track record with backstage news, talked about the departures of Neville and Jimmy Jacobs on the VOW Flagship Podcast.

Ric Flair's ex-manager fires back, says he's "despicable when he blatantly lies" and "Ric has always left a trail of destruction in his wake"

He talked about how people like Cody Rhodes were able to leave the company and do very well financially on the independent scene. The Young Bucks, Kenny Omega, and Cody Rhodes are just a few examples of names that have been able to make a nice living without the WWE machine pushing them and people that are currently with WWE have taken notice. Lanza said, “[Cody] doesn’t have any plans on going to WWE anytime soon. There’s wrestlers in WWE going to him and getting advice on their own exit plans from the company. I know this for a fact. I can’t give you the names. I know that’s a bit of a dick tease [but] I can’t say the names but there’s wrestlers that go to him for advice on how to leave the company.”

Lanza also had an interesting note on the 205 Live wrestlers and the money that they are not getting for the WWE 2K18 game. The 2K video game checks are usually the biggest checks of the year for talent so you could imagine the frustration from the 205 Live talent not getting the same pay as the rest of the roster. Lanza said, “From what we are told, the 205 Live talent that made their way onto the 2K video game this year are not getting a piece of the sales like everybody else. They’re getting a flat fee. Why? I don’t know.”

Lanza said that most of the 205 Live roster is not happy to be there because they are not making a lot of money. The wrestlers on that show are considered to be at the “kids table” and are getting scraps. Neville, according to Lanza, was promised a real push on Raw and it never happened. A real push would mean better pay and being treated as more than just a cruiserweight sideshow. But, he was passed over for Enzo Amore and was booked to lose to him again last Monday. So, you could imagine his frustration because he’s done everything to get himself over this year.

We’ve said it before on this site that the roster is huge between the main roster (Raw/Smackdown), 205 Live, NXT and the people at the Performance Center that are getting ready to move into NXT. It would be smart for every lower or mid-card wrestler to have an exit plan because, at some point, there will be a time when management will decide to release a bunch of wrestlers.

Brock Lesnar vs. Jinder Mahal planned for WWE Survivor Series

WWE has big plans for next month’s dual-branded Survivor Series pay-per-view.

Jennifer Hudson claims that David Otunga got physical with her, Otunga denies her claim

As first reported by Dave Meltzer in the Wrestling Observer daily update, the current plan is for Brock Lesnar vs. Jinder Mahal in a non-title match. This might be the first time that they’ve wrestled each other. It’s certainly the first time that they’ve wrestled each other since Mahal returned to the company last year.

It’s no surprise that no titles will be on the line for this show because there are long-term plans for Lesnar heading into WrestleMania and the plans are for Mahal to be champion when WWE tours India in December and he will be the babyface. For those of you that missed it, click here to read who Mahal’s opponent will be for the shows in India.

So far, there is no word yet what other matches are planned for the show. It will be a big weekend for WWE as they will run 4 shows from the Toyota Center in Houston, TX on consecutive days with NXT Takeover: War Games on 11/19, Survivor Series on 11/20, Raw on 11/21, and Smackdown Live on 11/22.

As of today, Lesnar is scheduled to appear on Raw on 10/23 in Green Bay and the Survivor Series go-home show on 11/13 in Atlanta so it’s very likely that we’ll see Mahal on Raw to hype the match with Lesnar.

WWE Hall Of Famer rips Shane McMahon for jumping off the Hell in a Cell

The insane bump from the top of the Hell in a Cell has gotten a mixed reaction from fans. Some loved the stunt while others showed concern and wished that he would never do anything like that again. There’s one WWE Hall Of Famer that wasn’t happy with McMahon’s jump from the cell.

The always outspoken former WWWF Champion and Hall Of Famer “Superstar” Billy Graham took to Facebook to rip on McMahon and WWE for the stunt. He started off by referring to him as Shane “Idiot” McMahon. Graham continued, “As always, the WWE will first lie to us, then when they get caught they tell the fans the truth. I consider Shane McMahon to be nothing more than a rich man’s foolish son.”

Graham also referred to WWE’s statement that claimed that McMahon was taken to a local medical facility following the pay-per-view. Graham continued, “In a deliberate attempt to deceive us, the WWE released a statement that daddy’s little son was just fine after this leap below and now they have told us that he really is hurt. Disgusting and I have no sympathy for this spoiled brat and maybe he won’t try to defy gravity ever again for a worthless, meaningless, and dumb as Hell cheap pop.”

Make no mistake that McMahon was hurt during the match. In fact, he was hurting after the coast-to-coast dropkick long before the big jump from the top of the cell. Even People.com had a story up about McMahon being rushed to the hospital. We don’t actually know if he was actually rushed to the hospital because WWE’s medical update was a mixture of real and fiction but the fact is that he was pretty banged up after the show and, at 47 years old, he might want to consider slowing down and not doing these type of crazy stunts.

A lot of talent unhappy with Kevin Owens/Sami Zayn over what happened last week at Smackdown

Graham isn’t the only person bothered by McMahon’s stunts at big shows. Many wrestlers have privately grumbled about McMahon because he can get away with doing these big stunts and then taking off whenever he wants to recover while the rest of the roster is working 4-5 nights per week. Don’t get me wrong because wrestlers like him but there is some resentment from wrestlers that feel that McMahon is able to position himself as being superhuman for one or two matches per year and taking a spot (and a big payday) from someone else.

Enzo Amore says he is the reason why Neville quit WWE

Enzo Amore says he is the reason why Neville quit WWE

Enzo Amore wrestled Kalisto at the WWE live event in Regina, Saskatchewan on Saturday but before the match, Amore did some mic work. At first, he tried to get some heat by ripping on the city. Then, he talked about how he took out Big Cass and then made Neville quit. The funny thing is that WWE had been denying the story about Neville. Kalisto retained the title after getting the win after hitting the Salina Del Sol finisher.

Anyway, nothing has changed with Neville and it’s still believed that he is done with the company. We don’t know yet if WWE has granted him his release. Neville might not be the only person leaving WWE. Click here to read more about other wrestlers planning on leaving the company.

More results from Saturday’s show: Goldust and Darren Young defeated Curtis Axel and Kurt Hawkins, Elias beat R-Truth, Seth Rollins and Dean Ambrose retained their titles against Sheamus and Cesaro, Sasha Banks and Dana Brooks defeated Alexa Bliss and Alicia Fox, The Miz beat Jason Jordan, and Roman Reigns defeated Braun Strowman in a Last Man Standing match.

 

Check out some of the trending WWE news stories below:

Comments

More in ROH News







Trending




Columns




To Top