When Ronda Rousey showed up at the Mae Young Classic it caused a lot of stirring with fans. The moment when her people had words with WWE’s incarnation of the 4 Horsewomen was pretty intense too.
Bryan Alvarez recently spoke about Ronda Rousey’s status with WWE on an episode of Wrestling Observer Live. Long story short, if you’re excited about Ronda getting in a WWE ring for real, don’t get your hopes up.
“So Ronda Rousey was in fact in the front row at the Mae Young Classic. Shayna Baszler, one of the 4 Horsewomen is in the tournament and they had Ronda there for the first night — I believe she was there for the second night. I know that they’ve apparently worked something out where she’s going to be there more often for these, I don’t know that that means.”
“I don’t think they’re going to sign her to like an active participant in the Women’s Division. Could they get Ronda Rousey for one match? Sure! They offer her enough money, UFC okays it, and she’s up with it then yeah, absolutely. I’m sure they’d love it. I’m not sure it’s gonna happen though.”
Sasha Banks is one of WWE’s most popular female superstars and people are excited whenever they get to see her. But it might be possible Sasha could have other things in mind for her own future.
The Boss recently posted something on her personal Tumblr account that has a few people worried she might be looking toward the end of her WWE career.
While it might just be clever wordplay or she’s talking about something else entirely it certainly appears as though Sasha Banks is looking for something new in two years. Whether she plans on making a jump over to New Japan for one of their New Beginnings events or having a baby there might be more to this story.
We will keep you posted if we hear anything official but in the meantime it might be a good idea to keep a heads up and enjoy Sasha Banks in WWE while it lasts.
It’s been a busy week full of news. If you’d like to catch up on some of the top stories from this week, check out some of the links below:
- WATCH: John Cena tries to sing Country Roads at WV house show
- WATCH: Heath Slater’s awesome birthday celebration in his home state
- Mini-Shield reunion at WWE show, SummerSlam news, Ryback-Dana Warrior Twitter exchange + more WWE news
- WATCH: WWE & Rousey’s 4 Horsewomen have words at Mae Young Classic
- WWE planning on signing lots of Mae Young Classic participants
- Eric Bischoff reveals who he heard Kurt Angle’s mystery guest really is
- WWE Talking Smack hosts were never told about the show being canceled as a weekly series
- Dana Warrior shoots down Ryback’s claim that he almost wrestled The Ultimate Warrior at WrestleMania 30
- Update on Shelton Benjamin’s possible WWE status
- Lots of familiar names at Thursday’s WWE Mae Young Classic tapings
- WWE star has backstage heat, gets kicked off talent bus by Roman Reigns
- WWE star has heat over his political views and strong support for Donald Trump
If you use any of the quotes in this article please credit Wrestling Observer Live with a H/T to WrestlingNews.co for the transcription