Simon Gotch was one-half of the Vaudevillains. Now Aiden English is singing opera music by himself on SmackDown Live and Gotch is surfing the waves of the indie scene as Simon Grimm.
Simon recently got a chance to sit down with Wrestle:List and got quite candid about a few subjects including the fact he wasn’t happy in WWE at all.
“I was really unhappy. I’d actually been pretty unhappy there for a while. It’s kind of an odd little side story – the previous year, right after the TakeOver they did in Dallas, which myself and my former tag team partner Aiden English weren’t even on the live special from Dallas. And I’d always been really close with Biff Busick or Oney Lorcan as he’s now known, and he walked by and said ‘Hey man, how are you doing,’ and I just looked at him and said ‘I f-cking hate this place. I want to quit,’ and he got this huge grin on his face. If you’ve ever seen Biff smile you know he’s got this very unique sort of half smile does, but it was that thing of really, frustration building up and being really depressed about how we were being used. And you always want to be doing more and when you’re feeling like you’re not being allowed to you’re literally being barred from doing more, it can wear on you a lot.”
He went on to solidify the fact that you can never say never in the world of pro wrestling. Therefore a return to WWE is never out of the cards for Simon but it would have to be a unique set of circumstances for sure.
“I wouldn’t say the door is closed obviously because in wrestling if it’s going to make them money, they’re not going to care about anything else. Serena Deeb was actually just back in the Mae Young Classic and I’m pretty sure everyone thought she was blackballed after she got released and I must have heard she’d retired a couple of years ago.”
“So she’s an example of someone who a lot of people would’ve thought would never be back. Mickie James, Alundra Blayze, Drew McIntyre is probably one that people thought would never come back or Jinder Mahal. For me personally, I think it’s a matter of – I would need to come back under the right circumstances. I wasn’t happy with how I was used when I was there. I wouldn’t want to come back to basically fall into that same trap again.”
It’s been a busy week full of news. If you’d like to catch up on some of the top stories from this week, check out some of the links below:
- WATCH: WWE & Rousey’s 4 Horsewomen have words at Mae Young Classic
- WWE planning on signing lots of Mae Young Classic participants
- Eric Bischoff reveals who he heard Kurt Angle’s mystery guest really is
- WWE Talking Smack hosts were never told about the show being canceled as a weekly series
- Dana Warrior shoots down Ryback’s claim that he almost wrestled The Ultimate Warrior at WrestleMania 30
- Update on Shelton Benjamin’s possible WWE status
- Lots of familiar names at Thursday’s WWE Mae Young Classic tapings
- WWE star has backstage heat, gets kicked off talent bus by Roman Reigns
- WWE star has heat over his political views and strong support for Donald Trump