As many of you saw on this week’s episode of Monday Night Raw, Kane and Braun Strowman were in the main event and the winner was supposed to go on to face Brock Lesnar at the Royal Rumble pay-per-view. Both men were counted out and we never got a definitive winner.
So, what happens now? Dave Meltzer said on Wrestling Observer Radio that the idea is to do a Triple Threat Match with Lesnar defending the Universal Championship against Kane and Strowman. There were other ideas pitched but this is what Vince McMahon came up with. Unless he changes his mind, they will announce a Triple Threat match, possibly as soon as this coming Monday since Lesnar is scheduled to be at the show.
Presumably, McMahon wanted to add Kane so that they don’t have to pin Strowman again. I think it’s obvious that Lesnar will not be dropping the title at least until WrestleMania. Kane is expected to go back on the campaign trail for his mayoral run in Knox County, TN so it would make sense for him to take the pinfall.
Check out some of the trending wrestling news stories below:
- WWE star indefinitely suspended
- Could we finally see CM Punk in a wrestling ring in 2018?
- Wrestler charged in murder of his girlfriend
- Hurricane Helms’ savage response to porn star Mia Khalifa after her comments about WWE
- Big news on Daniel Bryan’s in-ring WWE return