At the beginning of WWE Raw, Kurt Angle addressed the roster and apologized for the SmackDown Live invasion that occurred the week before. All of a sudden, Commissioner Stephanie McMahon’s music hits, and she made her Raw return for the first time in seven months. McMahon then began to emasculate Angle for what happened the week prior, and forcefully made him team captain of Raw for the Survivor Series pay-per-view. McMahon also threatened Angle that his job may be on the line if the team loses.
Regarding the reason for her comeback, other than to make Angle the team captain, it has been speculated by Dave Meltzer on Wrestling Observer Radio that McMahon made her return to plant seeds for a Kurt Angle vs. Triple H match at WrestleMania 34 in New Orleans, LA.
Recently, Triple H has been playing the role of a babyface during the WWE Live events, defeating Rusev in Santiago, Chile during the TLC pay-per-view, and recently joining The Shield for a six-man tag match in Glasgow, Scotland. He is expected to turn heel before WrestleMania and compete against Angle at the event.
Catch up on some of the latest WWE news stories below:
- Top Impact Wrestling star could be headed to WWE
- SPOILER: Leaked WWE Survivor Series poster reveals special referee for main event
- Triple H has joined The Shield
- Sami Zayn smashes fan in face with announce table at SmackDown Live
- Backstage news on why Sin Cara has been beating Baron Corbin