Braun Strowman wanted a piece of Kane during the go-home Survivor Series show on Raw this week and he got a main event encounter out of it as well. Unfortunately, the referee never rang the bell when he could and the match soon crumbled into an all-out brawl on the outside.
It became a pretty hardcore event as well with chair shots and a wicket table spot tease. But Braun Strowman put the cherry on top when he hit Kane with a running powerslam that took both WWE Superstars through the mat engulfing them in the canvas and escaping from sight. It was a pretty interesting way to book this confrontation’s ending but many were left feeling a bit unsatisfied.
It was cool WWE came up with another way for The Monster Among Men to destroy another ring. But an actual match between Kane and Braun Strowman would have been much more desired. As it stands these two have gotten their hands on each other buy no real winner has been determined.
Dave Meltzer noted on Wrestling Observer Radio that WWE booked this non-finish to a non-match in order to build toward another match down the line. Although it’s doubtful these two will get a pay-per-view spot out of the deal, the idea that their previous encounter resulted in such a crazy mess might be a good selling point.
But Meltzer theorized an actual match between these two could take place on Raw instead of a PPV.
Check out some of the trending wrestling news stories below:
- Ultimate Warrior’s brother not happy with Dana Warrior, says Warrior was broke before his death
- Edge responsible for bringing this former Impact Wrestling star to the WWE
- Backstage news on what was originally planned for AJ Styles on Smackdown Live
- Former X-Division Champion’s WWE debut coming very soon
- Paige and Alberto El Patron apparently broke up weeks ago