Things are not looking good for Bayley, at least that is what WWE.com is reporting. Their Raw preview states that Bayley’s Raw Championship match at SummerSlam is in jeopardy because of the shoulder injury she suffered last week. In the preview, they are already teasing that someone else might take Bayley’s place as the next challenger for Alexa Bliss’ Raw Women’s Championship.
Bayley suffered a right shoulder injury last Monday during her match with Nia Jax after being thrown down hard in the ring. It was clear that something was not right because the referee went over and asked if she was ok and he had someone talking to him in his earpiece towards the end of the match. There was another spot in the match where Bayley landed on her right shoulder again after being locked in a double chicken wing.
“We’ve determined the injury is shoulder-related,” said Dr. Chris Amann in a statement to WWE.com. “And she will be going under further diagnostic testing later this week to determine the extent of the injury and also established a timetable for recovery.”
She was off of this weekend’s live events and the severity of the injury will be determined on Monday in Toronto. They could not give a conclusive status on Tuesday because of the swelling around the injured area.
Catch up on some of the top news stories from the weekend by clicking below:
- News on which Superstar is being groomed for a run with the WWE Championship
- Almost everyone (including the participants) being kept in the dark on SummerSlam main event finish
- Road Dogg’s interesting tweet on Eva Marie’s departure, Braun Strowman heat?
- WWE pulls offer to sign one of the best wrestlers in the world
- More details on how AJ Styles reacted backstage after his match with Kevin Owens at WWE Battleground
- Jason Jordan ribbed backstage at Raw
- New details on what caused Roman Reigns to kick Enzo Amore off the WWE talent bus