The Raw brand is in a lull period until the end of December when the hype for the Royal Rumble pay-per-view will begin. For now, it looks like the next couple of weeks of shows will be placeholder shows until the big storylines begin to heat up again.
Still, WWE is putting their best foot forward in an effort to keep their ratings up heading into the new year and one of the ways they are doing this is by announcing matches days in advance. As first announced on their social media accounts, Raw General Manager Kurt Angle has set up three matches for this coming Monday’s episode of Raw. The three matches will feature all three members of The Shield in singles matches. Roman Reigns will take on Cesaro, Seth Rollins will face Sheamus, and Dean Ambrose will take on Samoa Joe.
Also scheduled for the show: Braun Strowman will take on Kane and Rich Swann will take on Drew Gulak. The winner of that match will face Enzo Amore for the Cruiserweight Championship on the 12/18 episode of Monday Night Raw.
This coming Monday’s episode of Raw will take place at the Quicken Loans Arena in Cleveland, Ohio.
— WWE (@WWE) December 7, 2017
Check out some of the trending wrestling news stories below:
- Big news on Daniel Bryan’s in-ring WWE return
- WWE could have an excellent opponent in mind for Ronda Rousey
- WWE star’s career could be in jeopardy due to neck injury
- Former Superstar says he was set to portray Kane’s other brother on WWE television
- Sad story on Rob Van Dam – concussion, loss of income