There is local advertising in New York City promoting Fridays on-sale date for the 25th anniversary of Monday Night Raw. As previously noted, the show will take place the Barclays Center in Brooklyn and the Manhattan Center, the original home of the show during its early years.
On local advertising in NYC, they listed Bret Hart, Ric Flair, and Mick Foley. Hart was the centerpiece of the company from the early years of Raw through 1997. Flair left the company at the end of January 1993 after losing to Mr. Perfect in a “loser leaves the WWF” match. He returned in November 2001 and was regularly featured on the show until his retirement in 2008. Foley was one of the main reasons for WWE’s boom period in the late 90’s and was featured in some of the highest rated segments in the history of the show.
Previously announced for the show: The Undertaker, Shawn Michaels, and Kevin Nash. They also announced that Superstars from Smackdown Live will be there so this will be an “all hands on deck” show. It will be interesting to see if they call Hulk Hogan. Hogan was part of Raw during the first few months before leaving for WCW.
Catch up on some of the latest WWE news stories below:
- A former WWE Champion was contacted last weekend about being Finn Balor’s TLC opponent
- Update on Roman Reigns, Bo Dallas, and Bray Wyatt
- Natalya and Zack Ryder comment on accidental crotch grab while taking Raw “Under Siege”
- Brutus Beefcake posts email screenshot, says Hogan has been hanging out with his ex-wife
- PHOTO: The Undertaker makes a rare appearance and reunites with Ric Flair
Click here and join the discussion on our brand new forum!