The recent departures of EC3, Bobby Lashley, Laurel Van Ness and Chris Adonis could be just the beginning of the wave of wrestlers leaving Impact Wrestling.
As we’ve reported several times on WrestlingNews.co, Impact is looking to cut out the big money contracts and get wrestlers on nightly deals. Alberto El Patron is believed to be the highest paid wrestler on the roster and his deal is up in a couple of months. He was announced for the April “Redemption” pay-per-view so that could be his last night with the company unless a new deal is worked out.
Also, Eddie Edwards’ deal is up at the end of this month so, unless he agrees to a new contract, then he could be done at the end of the current set of tapings. Eli Drake is another name that has a contract coming up in a couple of months.
FYI, Laurel Van Ness and EC3 are believed to be WWE-bound. Lashley could also be going back there. He certainly wants to go back and has tossed around the idea of a potential match with Brock Lesnar.
Rockstar Spud, who is expected to debut as part of 205 Live soon, posted the following tweet:
There is an entire universe to conquer. pic.twitter.com/gn24cjDdtR
— 😶 (@RockstarSpud) January 14, 2018
Check out some of the trending wrestling news stories below:
- SPOILER: Major match with a returning Superstar planned for WrestleMania
- Headliner for WWE Hall Of Fame reportedly confirmed and it’s a big one
- Former WWE Women’s/Divas Champion contacted about returning for the women’s Royal Rumble
- SPOILER: Another name returning for the Raw 25th anniversary show
- Former WWE Women’s Champion is returning for the Royal Rumble
Click here and join the discussion on our brand new forum!