You can’t say you didn’t see this one coming. After all, they’ve been referring to themselves by only their last names for the entirety of the Bludgeon Brothers promos hyping their repackaging. But Luke Harper and Erick Rowan have officially lost their first names.
WWE.com’s bio for the two now only lists them as “Harper” and “Rowan” which falls in line with so many other stars before them like (Adrian) Neville, (Alexander) Rusev, (Antonio) Cesaro, and Elias (Samson). Big E even had a last name back in the day which was “Langston” and TJP used to be “TJ Perkins.” The list goes on and I can only imagine there are a few more Superstars that McMahon would like to alter their name so it looks better on a t-shirt. Apparently, Vince McMahon is still on that shorter names have more impact kick.
With all of the attention not being paid to last names, it’s ironic that WWE kept Cody Rhodes’ last name when he left the company and still won’t give it back to him.
Check out some of the trending wrestling news stories below:
- Popular WWE Network show appears to be canceled
- Vince McMahon unhappy with Kevin Owens after WrestleMania 33
- Former WWE star has found a unique job outside of the wrestling business
- SmackDown Live could get an unprecedented heel turn soon
- Former WWE star says he is clean and sober after completing rehab