Pro wrestlers are people too. Just because they perform for the masses and put their bodies on the line to entertain legions of captivated fans doesn’t mean there aren’t actual human beings behind those over-the-top characters.
Some people might see a pro wrestler in public and expect for them to be in character or think the wrestler owes them something for being a fan. While your fandom is appreciated it’s always a good idea to approach the situation with kindness if you want the most out of your interaction with a pro wrestler. In fact, that probably rings true with all interactions with human beings.
Fans today should see it as lucky because in the old days someone might get pushed aside if they approached the wrong wrestler because it was very important to never break kayfabe in public.
Tyler Breeze apparently recently had an interaction with a fan that wasn’t so delightful. It must have been a bad one too because Prince Pretty felt moved to give a lesson on etiquette via Twitter.
So please take Tyler’s words to heart and if you ever meet a pro wrestler be polite, thank them for what they do, and then ask for an autograph or photo. It’s never a good idea to demand things from anyone, especially someone who could probably beat you in a shoot fight.
Side note… if you want a picture or autograph.. cool… but use manners and be polite please…don't demand things from us…we are humans
— Prince Pretty (@MmmGorgeous) July 17, 2017
It’s been a busy week full of news. If you’d like to catch up on some of the top stories from this week, check out some of the links below:
- WATCH: John Cena tries to sing Country Roads at WV house show
- WATCH: Heath Slater’s awesome birthday celebration in his home state
- Mini-Shield reunion at WWE show, SummerSlam news, Ryback-Dana Warrior Twitter exchange + more WWE news
- WATCH: WWE & Rousey’s 4 Horsewomen have words at Mae Young Classic
- WWE planning on signing lots of Mae Young Classic participants
- Eric Bischoff reveals who he heard Kurt Angle’s mystery guest really is
- WWE Talking Smack hosts were never told about the show being canceled as a weekly series
- Dana Warrior shoots down Ryback’s claim that he almost wrestled The Ultimate Warrior at WrestleMania 30
- Update on Shelton Benjamin’s possible WWE status
- Lots of familiar names at Thursday’s WWE Mae Young Classic tapings
- WWE star has backstage heat, gets kicked off talent bus by Roman Reigns
- WWE star has heat over his political views and strong support for Donald Trump