It’s looking more likely that we’ll see CM Punk fighting in the Octagon again. Ariel Helwani of MMA Fighting is reporting that UFC is in talks to book Punk vs. Mike Jackson at UFC 225 in Chicago. That show will take place in June of this year.
By the time of the fight, Punk would be nearly two years removed from his loss to Mickey Gall at UFC 203, his debut fight. Punk did not land a strike and was dominated just seconds into the fight. That led to questions about his future with UFC. Punk indicated that he wanted to fight again but Dana White wasn’t so sure until he changed his tune in recent months.
Jackson, Punk’s potential opponent, is 0-1 in MMA. Jackson’s first and only MMA loss was to Gall. Punk has continued to train at Roufusport in Milwaukee.
“He can’t go in there and fight dudes with a lot of experience, as opposed to bringing in someone else with very limited MMA experience,” Jackson told MMAJunkie.com. “It only makes sense to put us both in there.”
Check out some of the trending wrestling news stories below:
- WWE star has heat with management
- WWE NXT star was in line for a major push but has disappeared from all shows
- Reason why two WWE NXT stars have disappeared from TV and live events
- Update on Bobby Lashley’s WWE return, post-WrestleMania plans
- WWE legends had to dress in the dark for Raw 25